Thursday, February 28, 2013

RTW Designer Knockoff Contest!!!!!



Well tonight is the final night to enter our completed project for this wonderful contest. Since I am such a fan of dress I shared earlier that I was challenging myself to make that Givenchy dress. Well I finally completed it and the results are as follow...........

     


Well was it easy ...............Ummmmmmm Yes EXCEPT that DARN RUFFLE. It gave me a complete headache LOL, I wanted it to look exactly like the photo and boy it gave me a time. I googled it and found some pics of it worn by Kim Kardashian and Ashley Green.

The dress itself was very easy, I used Vogue 8787 skirt bottom and I drafted my top and the peplum. Of course I had to draft that RUFFLE that darn RUFFLE. It was fun and challenging.......REALLY CHALLENGING.....Almost entered without the ruffle LOL. But I kept on fighting and finally I gave in when I thought it looked good enough.......I'm still not satisfied with it but my sister insisted that it looked fine.

And because I waited until the very LAST minute to submit my work ....Low and BEHOLD my camera started acting FUNNY.....so I'm not very pleased with my photos either but oh well did not want all that hard work to go down the drain.

Hope you love it and VOTE for me!!!!!!! xoxoxo










6 comments:

  1. Your dress is stunning! I have nominated you for the Beautiful Blogger Award. You may pick it up at my blog. If you are not interested, please leave a message in the comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dorothy this was very kind of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this dress is amazing! You could enter my copy cat challenge as well with this gorgeous dress!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you....I will definitely check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! You really know your style and fit! Do you use a dressform when creating clothes for yourself, or do you just adjust your patterns to fit? I guess my overall question is, What is your method of achieving your great fit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I for this project I did infact use a dress form. I would only use it if its a challenge, but I learned to sew years and years ago lol without patterns. And I have learned my measurements and I pretty much know where to add a few or where to deduct. I've gained weight in the past few years so its been a bit of a challenge but so far so good. But I do have a CHEAT...and I will write it on my blog tomorrow...it will take up too much room here...will tag you when I do...Thanks

      Delete