Monday, July 15, 2013

Party MIX!!!

Hi everyone hope you all had a great weekend, besides all the rain it turned out to be great. I caught up on some sewing last week so I have a few projects that I must share this week. Last week I sewed Vogue1314 and the minute I sewed it I knew instantly that I wanted to make an off the shoulder version. Well if you noticed I called this post the "PARTY MIX", let me explain why. This dress is made up of two sewing patterns the shoulders are from Simplicity1613 and the dress portion is Vogue1314.

Well I'm not sure if any of you have done this before but I do it all of the time. Mixing patterns isn't hard it just takes some patience and you can create anything. I only used the top half of Top "D" going down to about 2inches under the arm. Here's a pic for those of you that I just confused...........
First I compared the two patterns to see if their measurements matched or was even close. Well on the envelope size 14 matched up perfect but when placing them together the cut did not match…. … well I was NOT expecting them to. I matched up the armpit and cut about 2inches below, I ONLY cut the area that matched evenly. That’s were I got the 2inches from, if I went down any further would not be able to incorporate the dress pattern without losing the design of the dress. So basically this is about all the Simplicty pattern used including the sleeve portion......


The top opening of the scissors is where I began and the bottom opening is where I stopped cutting. I used a beautiful printed polyester stretch fabric. And as I did before on the last version of this Vogue dress, I used elastic to create my gathers....its fast and easy. So there you have it....Hope you like it...............

3 comments:

  1. LOVE. You really made V1314 your own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...LOL yes I really do love this pattern!

      Delete
  2. AWW MAN THIS DRESS LOOKS REALLY GOOD ON YOU!

    ReplyDelete